File for Unemployment

Unemployment Services

To receive unemployment benefits, you need to file a claim with the unemployment program in the state where you work. Find your state’s program, and check with them to see if you should file a claim in person, by telephone, or online.

Visit the link to gather general information:

Unemployment Insurance

The federal government is allowing new options for states to amend their laws to provide unemployment insurance benefits related to COVID-19.

Visit the link to find details on their Unemployment Insurance program, including and additional flexibility offered to those impacted by coronavirus:


The passage of a new law called the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”) provides additional unemployment benefits and a tax rebate. Read CARES Act Benefits (PDF) for more information and eligibility.

  • U.S. residents will be eligible for: (1) a one-time tax rebate of up to $1,200; and (2) an additional $500 for each child age 16 and under.
  • You can withdraw up to $100,000 from your 401(K) or other workplace retirement plan in 2020 without having to pay a 10% penalty.